Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Denis

Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013   Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:47 am

Forecast for the day wind and rain.
Actual weather on the day - wind and rain.
Perhaps no one would turn up and I could go home for a nice cup of tea.
Three members turned up!!!!
Original route was followed as this was a low level walk.  We had some shelter from trees en route but care had to be taken over the rocky sections in the wet.  The good viewing points were reached in turn.  No views - apart from rain, low cloud and mist.
Brynrefail reached in 2.5 hours but as we were all soaked we did not participate of the joys of the Caban café.
It is only the participants who can judge if they enjoyed the walk!!!!
I did.
Denis
Back to top Go down
gorwelman

Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Which walk was wetter.   Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 pm

[quote="Denis"]Forecast for the day wind and rain.
Actual weather on the day - wind and rain.
Perhaps no one would turn up and I could go home for a nice cup of tea.
Three members turned up!!!!
Original route was followed as this was a low level walk.  We had some shelter from trees en route but care had to be taken over the rocky sections in the wet.  The good viewing points were reached in turn.  No views - apart from rain, low cloud and mist.
Brynrefail reached in 2.5 hours but as we were all soaked we did not participate of the joys of the Caban café.
It is only the participants who can judge if they enjoyed the walk!!!!
I did.
Denis[/quote

Denis its a good job you had your own walk and didn't turn up on Lew's walk, that was really wet and twice as long. I believe 2 of the people jibbed off Lew's walk to do your walk, shame you couldn't have headed home early.
Back to top Go down

Llyn Padarn Circular 17 August 2013
Page 1 of 1