Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coastal Path Walk Porth Oer to Aberdaron Sun May 6th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guto Parry

Coastal Path Walk Porth Oer to Aberdaron Sun May 6th  Empty
PostSubject: Coastal Path Walk Porth Oer to Aberdaron Sun May 6th    Coastal Path Walk Porth Oer to Aberdaron Sun May 6th  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:36 am

The last two walks I have led in the Aberdaron area have been in wet and windy coditions which is unusual for this part of the world, but on Saturday we had what I consider almost perfect walking weather, warm and sunny with a slight breeze.

After sorting out the car sharing to get us to from Aberdaron to Porth Oer (which was much easier than I expected) thirty of us eventually set off at about 10.25.

Our route took us along the coastal path around Mynydd Anelog and then up to the old coast guard station on the top of Mynydd Mawr, just below we found a flat grassy spot with a super view of Ynys Enlli and the sound which turned to be the perfect place to have lunch.

We continued our walk contouring around Mynydd Gwyddel and Trwyn y Gwyddel before reaching Pen y Cil.From here we followed the cliff path along to Porth Meudwy and eventually Aberdaron itself and after the drivers had retrieved their cars from Poth Oer most of us met up in the Ty Newydd for some welcome liquid refreshment.

I’m sure there are many walks on the coastal path as good as this one but there can’t be many better and I think all who joined me on Saturday would agree.

Footnote
We very definitely spotted some grey seals on Carreg Ddu, but whether that really was the Wicklow Hills that Ifor could see from the top of Mynydd Mawr is debatable!!

Back to top Go down

Coastal Path Walk Porth Oer to Aberdaron Sun May 6th
Page 1 of 1