Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian N
Admin

Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012   Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 am

18 intrepid souls set forth from Ogwen Cottage on a sunny morning. We climbed slowly up to Llyn Bochlwyd, where we stopped for coffee and a chance to admire some glorious views. We then carried on walking uphill till we gained the ridge and turned back to climb to the top of Glyder Fach. My butties tasted excellent as we enjoyed some incredible views over Snowdonia and Anglesey.
A number of our party then posed for photos on top of the cantilever rock, pics on Chris Parry’s and my Facebook pages.
We then climbed on to the top of Glyder Fawr, well a few did and I just about got down too, although I can’t see Joe Brown learning any climbing moves from me.
We then carried on along the ridge before we had to make our descent into Cwm Idwal, a mix of scree, rocks and grass and mud that seemed to go on forever. We then slowly made our way around Llyn Idwal and back to Idwal Cottage.
My GPS said it was 7 miles or so, my legs said it was quite a lot further! But a really excellent day in the mountains, thanks to our leader John.
Back to top Go down
http://www.electronicspider.com
Chris P

PostSubject: Photos from Sunday   Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 am

Back to top Go down
Ian N
Admin

PostSubject: Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012   Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Great pics

Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.electronicspider.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012   Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ogwen to Ogwen Sunday 7 October 2012
Page 1 of 1