Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gorwelman

Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012 Empty
PostSubject: Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012   Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Well what can I say, fancy getting the map reference wrong my apologies.
In the future walks section of the Cad site I did state that the car park was half way along the Ogwen lake, so it’s always worth checking before, so the alarm bells may ring. Having been told of the mistake I was able to bring everyone together.
At least we had the weather with us and it was one of the sunniest and warmest days of the year, not a hard thing to happen given the weather this year. The walk up to Llyn Bochlwyd was hard going for some people but to be fair every one made it without too much trouble, they just don’t know their abilities, I’m here to help release them. After a refreshment stop beside the lake with beautiful, remote and rugged scenery all around us and no other people near us, we then moved on to Llyn Idwal down a steep grass slope to our lunch stop. It was here that things got more embarrassing still, as I knocked Chris Irish’s cup of tea over and she seemed to be so much enjoying it, shame! Some of the party seemed to be having a snooze in the sun shine and were reluctant to move on. The rest of the walk went well as we continued round the far side of Llyn Ogwen and back to the cars.
17 people started on the walk and we still had 17 at the finish. Thanks to Guto for being back marker and for Edmund for releasing he can lift his legs higher than he thought he could. Thanks everyone for coming along.
Ps Guto don’t leave a comment.
Back to top Go down
edmundrachel

Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012 Empty
PostSubject: From Edmund   Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks Nigel for finding the lost (wrong car park). Supporting the weak,(slope too steep). Helping the cautious. (downhill too slippery). Looking back (no regrets). A great day in the mountains, with the nicest people, in the best Group in North Wales.
Back to top Go down

Sunny days in Ogwen 08/09/2012
Page 1 of 1