Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Around Moel y Gest – Sunday 30 October

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Woods

Around Moel y Gest – Sunday 30 October Empty
PostSubject: Around Moel y Gest – Sunday 30 October   Around Moel y Gest – Sunday 30 October Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 12:50 pm

Nineteen walkers turned up in Porthmadog on a mild but rather cloudy Sunday for a fairly gentle walk around Moel y Gest. For cultural highlights put old before the following - mill, canal, turnpike road, tramway, church (visited), manor house and battle in France. The owner of the manor house, Y Wern, busy trying to extract trees from the roof of a derelict outbuilding , was very welcoming – I think he would have welcomed some volunteer labour!

Lunch was taken on the side of Moel y Gest, with views over the sea to a hazy Harlech, then after making our way past an Alpaca trek we hit the coast, with the biggest effort of the day coming on a particular set of very steep steps on the way to Borth y Gest.

Back at Porthmadog those who didn’t have to dash away enjoyed a pleasant half hour chatting in Spooners. Though like most Rambler’s walks, after five or so hours of chat, it’s a wonder our voices were still going strong.

Thanks to Kath and Joan for back marking, and to everyone for acceding to my request not to talk about top of the premier league football, as I had a recording of Liverpool’s game to watch on Sunday evening, and did not know the result. Nobody said a word about football, and being such nice people, I am sure my threat to double the length of the walk if anyone spilt the beans had nothing to do with their silence!

Dave
Back to top Go down

Around Moel y Gest – Sunday 30 October
Page 1 of 1