Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moel Siabod Sat 12 June 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John H

Moel Siabod  Sat 12 June 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Moel Siabod Sat 12 June 2010   Moel Siabod  Sat 12 June 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:49 am

I have asked the Weatherman to arrange for the weather on 12th June to be identical to that encountered on the recce a couple of weeks ago but he won't give me a cast iron guarantee.
On the recce we ( Chris, Ian, Ifor and I) did the last couple of miles of the walk first but on Saturday it will be in the correct order.
From the car park at Bryn Glo we will cross Pont Cyfyng to follow the track to the SE of Siabod past the quarries and between Llyn y Foel and Siabod to the start of the East ridge. We then take the easy scramble up the east ridge to the summit. The gentle descent to the North reaches Plas y Brenin and we then return to the start through the forest.
Weather permitting the views from Siabod are superb and we shall not be attempting to break any records so there will be plenty of time to admire them.
John
Back to top Go down

Moel Siabod Sat 12 June 2010
Page 1 of 1