Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snowdon Cafe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edmundrachel

Snowdon Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Snowdon Cafe   Snowdon Cafe Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 am

I have received a rather long and rambling letter from Anthony Tinsley of Everton Liverpool. He feels that in view of the deaths on Snowdon this year there should be a climbers refuge. He feels it should have incorporated into the new summit complex? He would like our views as he is promoting a campaign for a climbers shelter.
Do you have a view Question
Back to top Go down
Ian N
Admin

Snowdon Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdon Cafe   Snowdon Cafe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 am

Firstly my sympathies to the families and friends of those who have died on Snowdon this winter.
But I’m not sure about this to be honest. It seems to me that a number of the very unfortunate fatal accidents on Snowdon are due to people going up the mountain in the winter without either the proper equipment or experience. A shelter on the summit will make little difference to these types of incidents.

Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.electronicspider.com
snowdon_lady

Snowdon Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdon Cafe   Snowdon Cafe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 am

I think that there was talk in the orginal plans about a shelter and mountain rescue objected on the basis that it would encourage ill prepared people to go up there.

Whilst all the notices about the place saying no cafe no shelter etc have annoyed me over the past couple of winters as it was never open I think that there should be some information up to tell eople this.

I was up Snowdon twice over Easter and was amazed at how many people thought the cafe would be open!

SL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowdon Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdon Cafe   Snowdon Cafe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowdon Cafe
Page 1 of 1