Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hinterland peregrination Sat 24 Sept

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gorwelman

Hinterland peregrination Sat 24 Sept Empty
PostSubject: Hinterland peregrination Sat 24 Sept   Hinterland peregrination Sat 24 Sept Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Weather luck was with us today Derek the weather man was spot on, the rain arriving just after 16:00 we were protected by the tall pine trees and made it back to the cars without donning our waterproofs.
The route had to be modified because of the high winds. Tall Chris who was recovering from an operation to her wrist and was worried she may get blown over so headed back with John as company, thanks John for accompanying her. Belinda also joined them.
So seven of us continued to Moel Ddu and beyond following a green line on a map but no worn path on the ground, through knee high grass, head high bracken, enchanted forest’s, bottomless swamps, over shadowed by moody weather.
Driving out of the car park the heavens opened. I think we were all smug in the knowledge we had dodged the rain.
PS. It was the first time in leading walks I lost the rest of the party walking oblivious on I turned around to find no one there but it was only for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down

Hinterland peregrination Sat 24 Sept
Page 1 of 1