Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pen Cilan Circular Sat September 21st

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guto Parry

Pen Cilan Circular Sat September 21st  Empty
PostSubject: Pen Cilan Circular Sat September 21st    Pen Cilan Circular Sat September 21st  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 am

Pen Cilan Circular Sat September 21st.

I’m lost for words; we left Llanberis in sunshine only to arrive at Porth Neigwl in thick mist.

Fifteen of us set off from the car park and followed the coastal path along the beach and up and around around Pen Cilan; we could hear the sea but certainly couldn’t see it through the mist which was disappointing as the view from the top of Mynydd Cilan down to the end of the Lleyn is fantastic.

There were a few bright spots that came out of the murk, the first was our encounter with a herd of very tame goats, the second was a very enjoyable and welcome pint at the end of the walk, and the third and by far the brightest was to have Kerry back walking with us again. Welcome back Kerry.

I’ll defiantly put the walk in the book again next year and hope all that walked with me on Saturday will give it another go.

To rub salt in the wound when we got back to Llanberis we had beautiful clear blue sky and the temperature was 21c!!!!
Back to top Go down

Pen Cilan Circular Sat September 21st
Page 1 of 1