Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Northern Ridge of Snowdon and Cwm Brwnynog Sat 1st June

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guto Parry

Northern Ridge of Snowdon and Cwm Brwnynog Sat 1st June Empty
PostSubject: Northern Ridge of Snowdon and Cwm Brwnynog Sat 1st June   Northern Ridge of Snowdon and Cwm Brwnynog Sat 1st June Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 am

Eighteen of us left Llanberis and after a rather unorthodox start eventually started climbing the steep sides of firstly Derlwyn and then Tryfan.A welcome drinks stop was taken on the summit of Tryfan with superb views of Llanberis Pass the Glyder’s .

We then continued along the ridge gradually gaining height and soon reached the summit of Llechog which was to be the high point of the walk 2303ft.A well deserved lunch stop was taken at this point.

From Llechog we started our decent into Cwm Brwynog crossing the mountain railway track and the Llanberis Path on our way.After crossing the Afon Arddu we turned west and followed the contours of the valley down to Helfa Fawr.

This is when the fun started; during the recce Nigel and I discovered a new to us footpath which took us from Helfa to Tyn-yr-Aelgerth without having to climb back up to Hebron, it did involve crossing a few wet ditches and guess what, I fell into the deepest one much to everybody’s amusement and to make it worse every time I tried to get out I fell back in again!! In the end Roger dragged me out.With me dripping wet we crossed the bottom of the valley and cut through Coed Victoria back to Llanberis where Vicki had tea and cake waiting for us at Rose Cottage.

The walk turned out to be slightly longer than advertised and the weather was good apart from the chilly wind higher up.
Back to top Go down

Northern Ridge of Snowdon and Cwm Brwnynog Sat 1st June
Page 1 of 1