Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guto Parry

Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th Empty
PostSubject: Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th   Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 am

I don’t think the small car park at Porth Ysgo has ever been so full before, this was because it was lovely day and this walk was the only one in the book which is unusual. Thirty six of us left the car park on the coastal path which we followed around as far as the point on Penarfynydd where we had a coffee stop while taking in the super coastal scenary .After coffee we continued along the coastal path as far as Rhiw and then started the easy climb to the top of Mynydd Rhiw in perfect time for lunch. From here we could see both sides of the Peninsula and Ynys Enlli in the distance. We then started the shallow descent cross country on road, paths and tracks back to the car park which included an additional excursion for some!! (I think I must have had what they call a “senior moment”) From the car park most of us drove to Aberdaron for some welcome refreshment in the Ty Newydd Hotel.
When I led this walk last year we encountered strong winds, rain and mist, this time the weather was almost perfect for which I was very grateful, this, coupled with excellent company and great scenery made for a really nice walk.

Back to top Go down
edmundrachel

Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th Empty
PostSubject: From Edmund   Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am

I totally agree with Guto, great walk on a beautiful day. We even went to Church! I have lots of memories and some good photos.
Back to top Go down

Porth Ysgo & Mynydd Rhiw Sat September 29th
Page 1 of 1