We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Saturday 13 Aug. 8 miles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John H

PostSubject: Saturday 13 Aug. 8 miles    Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:30 am

Forecast looking good for Saturday's 8 mile "up,down,up down" walk through some great wild country. An initial ascent of about 1100ft to llyn Prefyd is followed by some 1300 ft descent to Cwm Bychan. (not the one nr Beddgelert). This is then followed by a much easier 800ft ascent on good paths up to the top of the Roman Steps before descending (about 600ft) to the blasted heath (it used to be the forest)and then on good level paths,back to the cars.
Start SH684302. From North follow A470. About 3/4 mile past Bronaber there is a small layby on the right. A few yds past this take the lane on the right (look for the dustbins). Through the gate (shut it after you pass) and follow the road for about a couple of miles. You are now, there!

A fairly stiff walk in "wild country", a bit boggy in places but I didn't get my feet wet on the recce.
By there ready to start walking by 10:30.
John
01286881071 (BT call minder in operation)

Leave a message if I can't answer
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Saturday 13 Aug. 8 miles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1