Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pont Scethin and Beyond - 27 April 2014

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Woods

Pont Scethin and Beyond - 27 April 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Pont Scethin and Beyond - 27 April 2014   Pont Scethin and Beyond - 27 April 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Apologies, but due to a family get together I will not be taking my walk next week. However, a more than able deputy in the shape of Guto will be leading, so the problem is solved.

We did the walk yesterday, discovering that my map measurer tally of nine miles (which means anything up to ten, of course) should be ten and possibly near eleven miles! However, the walking is fairly easy, with much of the route being on old ‘roads’ and the gradients quite gentle (well, most of the time). We had good weather, so some fine views south across the Mawddach and out over the sea to Lleyn. Around Pont Scethin it was as quiet as ever, the bridge a legacy of a different way of life in the hills of Merioneth.

The continued closure of the bridge at Pont Briwet means a longer journey via Maentwrog to the start at Tal y Bont. It would be good if those going could car share as much as possible. As shown in our little walks book, Edmund is the contact man for car sharing, so if you would like to offer a lift, or would like one if possible, please give him a call on 01286 880188. Suggested meeting places for car sharing are Penygroes car park and Penrhyndeudraeth car park (on the Beddgelert road).

Hope you enjoy the walk – we did.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Pont Scethin and Beyond - 27 April 2014
Page 1 of 1