Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joly 1014 Long Weekend - Llangollen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Woods

Joly 1014 Long Weekend - Llangollen Empty
PostSubject: Joly 1014 Long Weekend - Llangollen   Joly 1014 Long Weekend - Llangollen Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 am

Following on from our mini holidays in Shropshire and the Peak District, this year we are staying closer to home, with our Friday to Monday long weekend taking us to Llangollen for the three nights 4, 5 and 6 July.

As you will all know, Llangollen is a lovely spot in the Dee valley, with plenty of walking in the surrounding hills and on the valley floor (a crossing of the spectacular Froncysllte Aqueduct surely a must). The format will be the same as before, meeting for walks then gathering together again for evening meals in Llangollen. Guto is looking after the three evening meals, I am sorting the accommodation and the two of us plus Dennis (Glass) are arranging the walks, aimed at suiting all abilities. More details of meals and walks to follow.

If you would like to extend the stay, some of the camping/caravanning/camper van crew are arriving on the Thursday night, an option open to all.

We will be leaving on Monday, but you might like to extend the stay to take in some of the International Eisteddfod, which starts on the Tuesday.

There is plenty of accommodation available in Llangollen, from bunkhouses to hotels. Last year, those who were not on the camp site stayed in various parts of Church Stretton. This year, if you would like to link up with others for accommodation but don’t know who else will be going, please let me know and I will provide a link.

For the outdoor crew, we will be using Wern Isaf camp site, which is above Llangollen on the north side of the river, about half a mile from the town. Please let me know if you wish to be included in the booking we will be making, I have six reservations already.

The Eisteddfod will mean that Llangollen may be somewhat busy over the weekend, hence this early notice and the need to make bookings. The build up to the Eisteddfod should provide a good colourful backdrop for our stay.

Dave Woods davewoods@toucansurf.com 01286 650696

Back to top Go down

Joly 1014 Long Weekend - Llangollen
Page 1 of 1