We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A walk of three halves- Sat Nov 9th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John H

PostSubject: A walk of three halves- Sat Nov 9th   Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 am

Barring Storm, Tempest, Pestilence or Plague, this easy walk starts at 11:00 on Saturday from Glan-y-Wern. (SH606349)
Park on the lay-by the junction of A496 and B4573.
The latest information available is that Pont Briwet bridge is closed and that it will remain so until further notice. If coming from the North, allow extra time to go around by Maentwrog. I will post on FB and Twitter on Friday evening if there is any change to this.
As Edmund is indisposed, I will be leading this  gentle walk which climbs steadily to about 600ft before descending on the other side of the valley to pass within a few yards of the start point having completed 5 miles (give or take a few inches).
The second "half" of about 3 miles ( a bit dependent on the height of the tide) reaches the dizzy height of about 120 ft.
The whole 8 mile walk is easy with a bit of effort needed for a couple of miles before much of the remainder of the first "half" is gravity assisted. If you don't think you can manage 8 miles, come and give it a try; you can "retire" after 5 miles or if you only want a gentle sea side wander, come to the start by about 2:00 for the 3 mile amble.
Hopefully we will refresh in a suitable hostelry on the way back.
If you want any further info Call me on 01286881071 or 07981998282

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John H

PostSubject: Futher info for Sat 9th.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:30 am

I can confirm that the start time is 11:00 am.
I've just noticed in the book that another group has a walk leaving from the same place at 10:30 so if you arrive too early there will be a choice of walks!!! Conversely, anyone arriving late for 'their' walk, can join us.

John 01286881071 / 07981998282
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A walk of three halves- Sat Nov 9th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1