Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas 2012

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denis

Christmas 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Christmas 2012   Christmas 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:31 am

What a great Christmas dinner our Group had on Sunday 15 December at the Vic in Llanberis. Guto did us proud with the arrangements and over 40 of us had a most enjoyable, and reasonably priced, three course lunch followed by coffee/tea and mince pies. As someone has just said to me we even had crackers (and balloons) thrown in. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience!
Now about the walk that preceded the meal!! Whilst the route and the company were fine, and on a good day the views would have been unsurpassed, the occasional morass underfoot and the torrential rain showers certainly had us alert for slips and thankful for our waterproofs. Again thanks to Guto 5 rooms were made available to us at the Vic for us to change into dry clothes.
As Chairman I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support of the Ramblers over the year, for your company on our walks and, to those of you on our committee, for your efforts on behalf of the Caernarfon & Dwyfor Group. I'd like to thank Di and Jane who have now left our committee and welcome Guto and Graham who will be joining us in the coming year. The Group is extending its remit in 2013 and will not only be providing a comprehensive walks programme but will also be embracing the other charitable aims of the Ramblers Association - Footpaths, Access, and Countryside. Any assistance on these topics that you think you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Denis
Back to top Go down

Christmas 2012
Page 1 of 1