Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guto Parry

Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th Empty
PostSubject: Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th   Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 am

Thirteen of us set off from the Fairy Glen Inn and by the time we had reached the top of the donkey track (800ft) we were in thick mist!!

The mist stayed with for at least 95% of the walk and at times visibility was down to about 20yds, which made navigation very difficult, even with my G.P.S.as the area we were walking in is a maze of footpaths and tracks, ensuring we stayed in the right one proved challenging to say the least.

However despite the above we covered the 9.4 miles with only one or two minor blips.

We had our lunch stop in the small cwm just below the summit of Tal y Fan and it was here that we had our first bit of rain which fortunately didn’t last long. A unanimous decision was taken not to go to the summit so we made our way down the mostly gentle descent back to the Fairy Glen Inn for some welcome refreshment.

I think despite the mist we all felt it was an enjoyable “Adventure in the Mist” but it was very much an “Exercise is good for us” walk in the end.
Back to top Go down
gorwelman

Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th Empty
PostSubject: Good walk, great views?   Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Guto Parry wrote:
Thirteen of us set off from the Fairy Glen Inn and by the time we had reached the top of the donkey track (800ft) we were in thick mist!!

The mist stayed with for at least 95% of the walk and at times visibility was down to about 20yds, which made navigation very difficult, even with my G.P.S.as the area we were walking in is a maze of footpaths and tracks, ensuring we stayed in the right one proved challenging to say the least.

However despite the above we covered the 9.4 miles with only one or two minor blips.

We had our lunch stop in the small cwm just below the summit of Tal y Fan and it was here that we had our first bit of rain which fortunately didn’t last long. A unanimous decision was taken not to go to the summit so we made our way down the mostly gentle descent back to the Fairy Glen Inn for some welcome refreshment.

I think despite the mist we all felt it was an enjoyable “Adventure in the Mist” but it was very much an “Exercise is good for us” walk in the end.
Back to top Go down

Tal Y Fan Sat August 25th
Page 1 of 1