Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cadair Idris (slowly!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denis

Cadair Idris (slowly!) Empty
PostSubject: Cadair Idris (slowly!)   Cadair Idris (slowly!) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 am

I have promised for ages that I will lead this much postponed walk and I intend to do it this coming Saturday as the weather forecast is reasonable. I shall be starting from the Dol Idris car park (pay) at SH 733 115 at 10am on Saturday 21 July. This is a grade A walk as it reaches a high summit and the walk is likely to take at least 6 hours even though it is only about 6 miles in distance. Ensure plenty of fluids.
Please share cars where possible and allow plenty off time to get to Dol Idris where we will find the start of the Minffordd Path. I intend to allow 1.5 hours from Criccieth as I know there have been some roadworks on the route, although hopefully finished by Saturday!
If the new cafe is open we might be able to fit in a 'panad' at the end of the walk.
Best wishes
Denis

Back to top Go down

Cadair Idris (slowly!)
Page 1 of 1