Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cnicht Sat July 31

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John H

Cnicht  Sat July 31 Empty
PostSubject: Cnicht Sat July 31   Cnicht  Sat July 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Recce completed Thurs in good but not sunny weather with Ifor. Great views and no real hard work (but I'm still slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Hopefully Sat will be relatively calm so we can make the summit, unlike last year's attempt.
The main distance is after Cnicht summit and on the way "down" we will pass through Rhosydd quarry buildings on the way to Llyn Croesor and the site of the Croesor Quarry (mine?). I'd never been here before but there are a few interesting ruins (present company excepted) and having seen that the entrance to the adit is accessible I will be bringing my powerful diving lantern for a quick look on the way past. No-one needs to enter & I will only go a few yards into the adit.If you want to bring a head torch- feel free. From the quarry we will follow the wide and easy downhill track back to the excellent cafe in Croesor.
If you are uncertain if you can do the route:- today on the recce we met a family with two young children, one 8 and the other (i'd guess) about 4. They both summited Cnicht with little problem and the family were last seen going strongly, Laughing near Rhosydd.
The cafe , near the car park in Croesor apparently do packed lunches so it you don't want to make your own butties, phone them on 01766 770456 and place your order. They don't open till 10:30 so you will need to order in advance.
Back to top Go down

Cnicht Sat July 31
Page 1 of 1