We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Unique opportunity.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John H

PostSubject: Unique opportunity.   Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 am

This can never be repeated
Come and join us on for the unique opportunity to walk with the group in January 2018. This month can never be repeated, it will be gone for ever a few hours after this walk.
A fairly easy wander, up and down, back and forth and round and about the North side of Dyffryn Nantlle visiting the historic villages of Fron, Cilgwin and Talysarn.
Following the South side of the 'big pond' in Dorathea and passing through the "twin tunnels" we will join the recently commissioned Slate Trail ascending to Fron. A few days ago I was amazed at the work done on this part of the trail by the landowners to improve access.
A circuit of Fron leads to the return "leg" via Cilgwin (here be a shrine) and the descent on little used tracks to Talysarn.
The forecast for Wed is not bad. There are light showers forecast before  7am and after 2.pm and a bit of wind is expected so come prepared.
There are some muddy bits, most of which can be carefully circumnavigated.  There is one bit of the route (about 6 feet long) that requires some care (or a descent in the sitting position)

John 01286881071/07981998282 Rolling Eyes OOps

I forgot to say. Wed Jan 31. 10:30. Talysarn Community centre car Park
SH488529
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Unique opportunity.
Page 1 of 1