We are a very friendly and sociable walking group covering the area of Gwynedd west of the city of Bangor.

CAD Ramblers websiteCAD Ramblers website  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Snowdon Cafe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edmundrachel

PostSubject: Snowdon Cafe   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 am

I have received a rather long and rambling letter from Anthony Tinsley of Everton Liverpool. He feels that in view of the deaths on Snowdon this year there should be a climbers refuge. He feels it should have incorporated into the new summit complex? He would like our views as he is promoting a campaign for a climbers shelter.
Do you have a view Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian N
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Snowdon Cafe   Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 am

Firstly my sympathies to the families and friends of those who have died on Snowdon this winter.
But I’m not sure about this to be honest. It seems to me that a number of the very unfortunate fatal accidents on Snowdon are due to people going up the mountain in the winter without either the proper equipment or experience. A shelter on the summit will make little difference to these types of incidents.

Ian
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.electronicspider.com
snowdon_lady

PostSubject: Re: Snowdon Cafe   Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 am

I think that there was talk in the orginal plans about a shelter and mountain rescue objected on the basis that it would encourage ill prepared people to go up there.

Whilst all the notices about the place saying no cafe no shelter etc have annoyed me over the past couple of winters as it was never open I think that there should be some information up to tell eople this.

I was up Snowdon twice over Easter and was amazed at how many people thought the cafe would be open!

SL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowdon Cafe   

Back to top Go down

Snowdon Cafe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1